Thanks for being part of Living Energy Day. We look forward to sharing the work you do with a wider audience. In order to help us do that most efficiently, please complete the following steps:
- If you haven't yet filled out our speaker intake form please do so we can add your information to the website and keep in contact with you before and during the event.
- Make sure you have a working microphone and camera on your computer. Set up a free Zoom video conferencing account and get familiar with the program. Testing it ahead of time will minimize potential problems during the event. If you need assistance with this, please contact us at your earliest convenience so we have plenty of time to help.
- Make sure you have a good, quiet space to be interviewed. Ideally use a computer with a hardwired internet connection as opposed to WiFi. Plan to come on to the webinar 10 minutes before the top of the hour so we have time to get everything set up.
- If you would like to use a presentation that is fine. With the Zoom platform, you can share anything on your computer desktop.
- Bookmark this page so you can keep up with any additional information. We will update this page with important information.
Living Energy Day is not designed to "pitch" or sell anything. We ask our guests to bring insight and value by sharing the work they are doing, with real-world examples and case studies. It's fine to share a website for people to follow up, but this is not a commercial event. All the work on this event is done by volunteers, and any funding from sponsors will be used for technical and promotional expenses.
We will live stream the event on Facebook and archive all interviews on Youtube for free future access.
The event will begin at 12 pm Eastern Standard Time on December 20th and run for 24 hours. The winter solstice occurs at 8:30 am EST on December 21st. We'll follow the sun around the globe, starting in Europe and the UK and moving west, through the North and South America, on to the Asia Pacific region and back around into Europe then the Americas. We will schedule guests and interviewers on the hour.
Each interview will start on the hour, and run for 50 minutes. The format will be informal and informational, designed to let the audience learn about the work you are doing. We encourage you to share your website, or a particular place where people can learn more. There is no product pitching or sales involved.
As you can imagine, the logistics of running such an event around the clock in different time zones can be daunting. We ask each guest to keep track of their speaking time, and to verify it against the official schedule that will be posted. We will have your interviewer contact you in advance to learn a bit about your work.